Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blog Challenge

Let's try a blog challenge, shall we?
First off I suppose I'll introduce myself. My name is Amanda, nickname Amy. It's been my nickname most of my life along with several others that won't seem to go away. I live in Manchester NH. I decided to start this blog again with the challenge because I've just been so unmotivated to do anything the last few years. I have good days sprinkled atop the mess that my life feels like. I realize many people (if not most) feel like this but I can't seem to shake mine. I lost my best friend in July 2009 and nothing's been the same since. Colors seem duller, days longer and shorter at the same time, blah blah depressing shit this that. I feel like everything's been said before so why say anything? I seem totally depressed even in this introduction so I suppose on that note I'll throw in a recent photo of myself and get on with some less deflated blogging. 



15 Interesting Facts:
  1. When I was a teenager I fell in love with The Doors. Since then I’ve read several books on the band and Jim Morrison. Every time I’ve been to Los Angeles I’ve made it a point to go to the Whisky A Go-Go.
  2. Speaking of LA.. I love LA. And Boston. LOVE Boston. Does that count as two? 
  3. I get excited over blank notebooks. I still prefer to hand write almost everything before typing it out (including this post).
  4. I am a photographer. No matter how much I question what I am in life or what I’m doing that's the one thing that always comes back.  I’m super passionate about learning more and more about the art & its history.
  5. I like doing crafts. Resin jewelry/molds, chain work, DIY stuffs, etc.
  6. I love fruity scents.
  7. I believe in class. I think being classy is not something that can be faked.
  8. I love makeup. I sometimes hate saying that though; I imagine a shallow teenage girl with poorly applied eyeshadow screeching this. My collection has grown considerably over the last few years and I’m forever watching Youtube videos or reading blogs just staring at the pretties. I even went to IMATS LA last year (p.s. AMAZEBALLS) and am planning to attend IMATS NYC in April.
  9. I was the first in my family to graduate college. Also the first one to drop out of high school. Go figure!
  10. My major was Fine Arts in college.
  11. I love getting into deep conversations with intelligent people. The kind where you’re hanging out with friends all night getting into debates and whatnot and before you know it the sun is up.
  12. I envy time periods where people weren’t so passive. The 60’s, for example, was a time when creativity and passion were in the air. People wanted change and took action to push for it to be done. I wish we still had that passion. Our culture is so lazy. We need riots.
  13. My hair is the shortest it’s been since I was at least 9 years old.
  14. I love being singled out.
  15. I hate being singled out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment